Each applicant interested in seeking certification in the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is asked to:
- (1) complete and submit this application,
- (2) read the OBPP Trainer-Consultant Certification Requirements form (link below), and
- (3) ensure that application and payment are submitted prior to the application deadline.
Tuition cost is $3,925.00. An Acceptance Letter will be sent to each approved applicant. Participants must use the link provided in the letter to confirm their attendance and select payment method. Once attendance is confirmed, an Order Receipt that will serve as your invoice will be emailed to you at the address provided. Payment is due prior to the start of the TCC.
Indicate your selected training dates below. Note that both Part 1 and Part 2 are required. Additional details about the certification process are on the document, OBPP Trainer-Consultant Certification Requirements.
Please select one from the options below
Application packets are currently being accepted through Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Application packets are currently being accepted through Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
Application packets are currently being accepted through Thursday, September 23, 2021.
1. Please list your educational degrees and areas of specialization.
2. Please provide a brief description of your current job responsibilities, including how long you have held this position.
3. Please provide a brief description of any relevant experiences you have in working with schools and/or community youth organizations.
4. Please provide a brief description of any experience you have training adults, including content area or programs.
5. Please describe your involvement in any anti-bullying or other violence-prevention programs.
6. How did you learn about the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program?
If yes, please provide the description of training.
9. Please describe how becoming a certified OBPP Trainer-Consultant would relate to your current job or consulting work..
If yes, who are they? How might you collaborate with them?
11. If you were certified in the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, how many hours per week would you be able to commit to the program?
Information about your site(s)
Some potential Trainer-Consultants in the OBPP may be affiliated with one or more schools, school districts, or community youth-serving organizations that intend to implement the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program. For example, an applicant may be employed by a school district that has a grant to implement the program in 15 schools within the district. It would be helpful for us to have information about such relationships. If potential Trainer-Consultants are affiliated with community agencies or are independent consultants, describe plans to locate schools or organizations for which OBPP training-consultation will be provided.
12. To whom do you anticipate providing training and consultation in the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program? Please provide the number of schools (with grade levels) and/or community youth-serving organizations and the cities in which they are located.
13. How do you anticipate that the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program will be funded in the sites noted (e.g., school district, organization, grant, parent-teacher organization, community club, etc.)?
14. For what period of time would the funds be available?
I understand that, in order to be fully certified in the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, I must adhere to the requirements stated on the attached document, OBPP Trainer-Consultant Certification Requirements. My current intentions are to seek OBPP Certification in the following category:
(2) I understand that if substantiated complaints are made about training and/or consultation that I have provided that violate these requirements, I may be removed from lists of Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Trainer-Consultants.
(3) I understand that I may change course to pursue a different category of certification, if my circumstances change.
(4) I understand that if I do not complete certification requirements, I will be removed from OBPP listings, may not claim to be an OBPP trainer, may not represent the OBPP, and may not conduct OBPP training.
By initialing and printing your name, you are signing this document electronically. You agree that your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this application.
Thank you for your application to become a Certified Trainer-Consultant in the
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program!
By attending the Trainer Certification Course you have consented to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by OBPP, its sponsors/affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future.